Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about update 1.01.045

Character
    Isildur

Arrow Discussion about update 1.01.045

Holy cow!! This will need some cautious testing. Those gentle trolls may have became savage beasts suddenly...
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Zab
    I only wonder about how often monsters will be using their skills. Are they like us, where they have a set amount to use and have regen rates? Because there is no way players can constantly be battling monsters who have infinite skills when we do not....

Character
    Orik
    I believe we're in the beta to test it

Character
    Kurilia
    Judgement by the Fallen:
    Spirit I prayed for Cause Damage (SL 57) to Kurilia : hit
    Damage dealt to Kurilia: 0 Magical HP
    Spirit II prayed for Cause Damage (SL 42) to Sir Helm : hit
    Damage dealt to Sir Helm: 0 Magical HP
    Spirit III attacked Kurilia : missed
    Spirit IV prayed for Cause Damage (SL 54) to Kurilia : hit
    Damage dealt to Kurilia: 0 Magical HP
    Spirit V prayed for Cause Damage (SL 33) to Sir Helm : hit
    Damage dealt to Sir Helm: 0 Magical HP

I think this does not work well. Monster Skill Cause damage is always zero

So far I've seen a mix of specialty attacks and general attacks from the beasties. I've become diseased (but I got better). I did get 1 shot by an elder troll but that is to be expected sometimes; I did notice that he seemed to be hitting for 500-600 damage on average instead of the 1000+ he was hitting for previously.
    Oh and 1 nice unadvertised bonus is 1 free health and 1 free energy refill per day at the temple

Character
    Zab
    In the monster's descriptions, will you please add any specialty skills they have, especially if they are not ones that any guild has and what we can expect from them when used? I see spiders can 'web' players.

Character
    Zab
    Orik, I wanted to reply to you because by your comment, I do not think you understood my concern. Maybe no one else does either, so I would like to present myself clearer.

As an example: Once ambushes come, Party A could potentially wear out the energy reserves of Party B, if they can attack them over and over again. Today, in this house, we ran a few Quests in my daughter's account. We did Spiders in the Woods on Hard. During every single battle the spiders used their skill set. Over and over again. Long after players would have ran out of energy themselves.

With monster's having skills that are infinite, it means players must get on to heal more often. That is not always possible for real life. When ambushes come, I think this becomes a problem. I think players must have a way to minimize the damage monster make. If a player is using their energy up, then monsters using skills should too. I think this should happen if a particular quest is done repeatedly by a player or party, in a timely fashion.
    Last edited by Zab; April 3rd, 2013 at 00:32.

Character
    Zab
    Having just done the Spiders in the Wood quest again, I would like to share some of the results. The party my daughter belongs to usually can do this quest with about 5%-10% overall damage to the party.

Results from Turn 1
    Spider Queen I cast Spiderweb (SL 34) on xxxxxxxxxxx
    Player 3 became Webbed for a maximum of four turns. (-25% DEF. Cannot submit actions apart from drinking potions.)
    Player 4 became Webbed for a maximum of four turns. (-25% DEF. Cannot submit actions apart from drinking potions.)

Results from Turn 2
    Giant Spider II cast Spiderweb (SL 13) on xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Player 3 Poisoned (DAM +52)

Results from Turn 3
    Giant Spider I cast Spiderweb (SL 24) on xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Player 3 became Webbed for a maximum of four turns. (-25% DEF. Cannot submit actions apart from drinking potions.)
    Giant Spider II cast Spiderweb (SL 21) on xxxxxxxxxxx
    Giant Spider III cast Spiderweb (SL 15) on xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Player 4 became Webbed for a maximum of four turns. (-25% DEF. Cannot submit actions apart from drinking potions.)...........

The Spiders also used Paralyzing Toxin on players during these rounds, along with more Poison in the next following two rounds. The party ended up with 2 dead players.
    Last edited by Zab; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:41.

Character
    Zab
    After doing the quest several more times:

I never once saw a spider deal a regular attack. Each attack was a skill.
    Skills by spiders were used in every single round.
    The priest is out of energy and can no longer heal or revive players, despite the fact the priest was often paralyzed for four turns.
    The front line would have died every time without a priest present.

Scenerio: Player 1 logs in and throws a quest and kills two of his teammates. He is not a priest. He feels like a jerk. He logs out.
    Player 2 logs in and sees two of his teammates dead, throws a much lower quest, but some monster's skill takes out another player. He isn't a priest either. He logs out.
    Player 3 logs in, he is not a priest, he sees three of his teammates dead. He knows the three dead won't be logging in until they are done their workday. He logs out.

Now, I realise the quest was on Hard and that you still have to work out numbers, but still....... making the basics of this game harder only leads to frustration because when players log in, they will not be able PLAY. You will have people logging in and logging back out. Something must be rewarding in this game. Most of us rely on the fact leveling is the reward. Under conditions like this, if no one can play, leveling is probably not going to happen very often. Once you get used to logging in and then out because there is nothing to DO, it becomes really easy to not bother logging in at all.
    I feel like making the questing harder than before this update is just not a good idea.

Why don't you let everyone in a party pay at the temple to heal all other party members. Actually make gold useful!