Thread: Player Skills

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar

Question Player Skills

We are making some wide adjustments on skills, so now is a perfect time to send your feedback about them.

Report what skills you think that are too weak or too strong. Also share the skills you think are just right.

Remember that most of players skills are also available for monsters! So increasing or decreasing one of the players skills, will affect to both, players and monsters.

All skills will be reviewed again after abushes come active. This is just a wide adjustment.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    The first skills to be reviewed will be:
    - Poison Cloud
    - Rain of Arrows
    - Revive

Character
    Zab
    I am wondering how the scout skills Surprise Attack and Taunt are going to work without an overwhelm bonus? Both skills rely on other player's attacking the monster's with you.

Character
    Alex
    Actually, overwhelmed bonus has not been removed, itself; it's just that its working has changed: instead increase the ATT of attacks, it is the defense of the target what is lowered, divided (weightly) among the received attacks. As now defense also reduce received damage, overwhelmed targets are still suffering the same effects, increase chance of hits received and increased damage.

By the way you may currently check how they are working, since overwhelm bonus was removed on update 045.

Character
    Alex
    Also, about the skills that are causing an altered state with a chance of success, we realice that they are ridiculously low against some monsters: when the monster match the whole party size, or even the one only player's squad, then the player's level may not compete against the monster's level, and much less the skill level used.

All those skills would be measured but first we must test them at player vs player, as their behaviour will be different against players than monsters. We must find a magic formula to make them to work both, agains players and agains monsters. However, I am sure that we will find it.

What abour direct damage spells? I think that wizards are enjoying them too much, but the complaints will arrive when players gor burned by other players...
    And what about other offensive skills?

Character
    Kurilia
    From my point of view Revive is to risk use much energy in a skill that is a lottery. I have come to try to revive an ally three times, with a 83% chance and I did not succeed, spending more than 700 energy points and letting the turns without doing another action
    I think that Revive should work always and what should be variable is the amount of life that revives ally, not both