Thread: Aimed Shot not working?

Character
    Anomander

Aimed Shot not working?

I have noticed that my results from Aimed Shot are dramatically less than it should be, in fact my results for Aimed Shot are actually lower than my results for just regular attacks.

Aimed Shot (I have five ranks) gives me +50 to my attack. That is an increase of 25% to my regular score of 201. In theory I should do roughly 25% more damage.

But, I'm not! In fact, I'm doing close to 25% LESS damage than when I just use regular attacks.

Here are my damage results using Aimed Shot.
    30,55,23,23,31,28,28,60,24,45,60,25,23 = Average of 35 damage.

Here are my damage results with regular attacks.
    52,42,54,23,44,47,51,53,47,21,58,55,24 = Average of 44 damage.

Aimed Shot is supposed to improve my attack and damage, not decrease it. Major bug!

Whether or not I was using Aimed Shot, I hit every time I attacked except for when it says I have a critical failure, so Aimed Shot isn't helping me to hit more often.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    I may confirm there is no bug here; if you standard attack is 200 ATT, when you attack with 5 levels of Aimed Shot you will attack with 250 ATT, and your attack will be ALWAYS better than the standard attack (other skills, as throwing weapon or rain of arrows may work different but not this one).

Your extrapolation +25% ATT => +25% Damage is wrong, as there is not a direct linear relation. You may state that increasing your attack will increase damage and hit chance, if every other factors are exactly the same (target's defense, number of attackers, damage reductions, and of course, the damage ROLL!!...) but you may not know how much will be increased your hit or your damage increasing yor ATT by X points, the amount increased is dependent of many factors, as example (and not only) how big or small is your ATT compared to your target's defense.

I suggest you to repeat your attack series, but to reduce random factors (as number of attackers on the same target), make combats being solo in your party and always attacking the same target. If you do so, let me know your attack score and what is your monster attacked, and I will calculate the average to see how close are your averages to the theorical ones.