Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambushes

Character
    Zab

Ambushes

...are a lot of fun. I really like them.

But a few things... comments, suggestions... now that game play has progressed.

I wish the fighting for pvp would be longer.I think it should gradually get longer as players reach higher levels. At top levels, we are beating each other up in 2, 3 rounds...we should have to work a little harder to win, but I don't know how you can really do that. The only thing I can think of is to perhaps give every party a bonus of defense based on their over-all total levels. Higher total levels, higher defensive bonus = longer pvp gameplay...which is by far the very best of this game so far.... (Alliance wars someday pleaseeeee cuz those would be sweet fun too)

My critical shot sl combined with my physical damage bonuses is overkill. It is awesome to see the numbers, but I think it is demeaning to the player on the receiving end. I would like to sometimes see a player actually take a hit from my crit.

As the game currently sits on the Facebook platform it is easy to create clones. Some players could take advantage of this and grow quicker by attacking their own often. Also, I can surf and beat up some pretty low levelled parties too easy, that could get very discouraging for them. Maybe you should think about ambush limits. Perhaps players can only commit 3 every six or eight hours. Of course though, you could pay say 3 diamonds solo, 4 diamonds with party of two, 5 diamonds for party of three, etc. if you wanted to throw more.

Fix up your grammar if you do decide to do a small advertising campaign.

Also, while waiting to ambush parties, I cannot get back to their party wall with any link. Is this intentional? I think for parties getting ambushed, this is not good. They need to know who is online, so they can create their war plan.

I'm having fun, guys. Thanks

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    We share your concerns about too short ambushes and we are already thinking ways to correct it. I'm afraid that maybe the attack formula would have to be changed, maybe change the formlula for damage, but this alone won't be enough. Your suggestions are very interesting and we will think on that line.

Also we are still thinking what we will do with clones. Detect them is very easy through IPs but some innocents would pay for this if we just limit players per IP. Maybe we may implement a limitation similar to the one in the quest (which is going to be removed) but per parties or characters, instead quests. That is, if you beat the same opponent once and once and onces again, your XP earned could be going down... we will include the problem you report to the whole clone's problem to find a global solution. Your solution propossed is similar to the one we are going to do with quests to remove the XP limitation.

About grammar, you mean grammar in the game? I will try to get all text will be reviewed by native writters, but if you find any mistake in grammar, spelling or any failure on language, please report!
    or maybe you mean anything else? I'm sorry I did not understood it at all.

About the link, we will review. It is not intended.

I'm really very glad you'll found it fun!! This feature party vs party was always the key in the game!

Character
    Zab
    I think it would be hard to implement xp going down for parties...people will probably be changing parties frequently. Although, maybe based on character, but I think that sounds hard to do. Instead, maybe xp could go down daily? The more ambushes you do, the less you get, but resets every 24 hours? or 36 hours. 0r weekly. monthly. whatever.

If I understand you right, you are saying the solution I proposed for ambushing was something you were thinking about doing with the questing. So, you would put limits on how many quests a party/player could do within a certain time frame? If this is what you are saying, I do not think it is a good idea personally. Going against the monsters, in my opinion, should always be free and as often as you can possibly do. It keeps people logged in to play. Though I do think you should charge for 'extra' ambushes beyond a set limit daily.

As for making ambushes last a little longer, you could add this extra defense based on total levels of party without even mentioning it to players. I wish I had a better idea for this for you, but developer I am not!

Thanks, Alex!

Character
    Zab
    Also, clones: I think some games allow a certain number of accounts per IP address.
    There are lots of games that do only allow one account per IP, and that sucks for families like mine who like to play games together, but separate.
    So perhaps you could allow 3 per address and if there are people who say have more roommates or family who would like to play, then they could approach you and ask special permission for another account to be allowed?

For grammatical errors one I saw was "You stolen a Iron Spear of Sparks" on the blue banner when an item is won in pvp. This can either be changed to "You have stolen a Iron Spear of Sparks" or "You stole a Iron Spear of Sparks".

Character
    Zab
    Alex, I think for ambushes, the defensive spells really need to take effect as soon as they are cast.

Might help lengthen combat somewhat.
    Last edited by Zab; June 2nd, 2014 at 14:41.

Character
    Alex
    Thank you for all these suggestions, they are very interesting. What I meant about the quests to remove the current XP limitation, is to place a timer in the quest you just completed. This would disable that quest for 2min, 30m, 2h, etc depending on the quest size, so it forces you to complete different quests and not always the same. It's a sort of "replenishment time" for monsters. You will never have all quests disabled so you will can complete quests every time, always you change the quests you run. Same thing could be done with ambushes (better than the xp reduction I said) and it would be easy to implement based on character and party target. In addition, a "replenishment time" for players who arrive to town after every adventure, quest or ambush, is necesary for different reasons: let party companions to change equip, avoid "dungeons" for followers in squad, avoid abuse of short time quests/ambushes... I know players won'y like this time so I pomise it will be short (30s, 1m, 3m...) and based on character's size (party's replenishment time would be the higher of the member's time). This time will can be skipped paying a small fee of diamonds.

By the way, thank you for the grammar correction, it was an ugly mistake I did. Zab, what grammar you meant before? You found still many mistakes in the game text or you was meaning other texts? I'm indeed concerned about language mistakes.

Character
    Alex
    What do you mean about defensive spells? potions? or you mean priest's and wizard's spells?

1. Zab means spells like force field and shielding for Wizards and the equivalent for Priest.

2. Maybe to balance skills this would help.

On Everquest PvP servers:

Q: How are spells different on Rallos Zek(PvP)?
    Most spells work the same, but there are a few important differences.

- Damage spells only do 66% of their normal damage against players

This will still let us destroy the quest monster and ease up on other parties for ambushes.

Character
    Zab
    There are still grammar mistakes, as in where you can change your guild. I will look over this weekend again for you, but Mithral pointed out the most obvious.

Also, personally, I am not sure of the use of 'laiding' an ambush. I did Google it (lol) and it does not seem often in use, but perhaps this mirrors old world language use? Regardless, top results for the word do not direct me towards any online dictionary. Here, in North America anyway, we would say 'laying' an ambush.

Rastlin's right, these are the spells I am talking about. With priests, it is Divine Protection. With a priest being frontline, I think it is especially important for that spell to take effect immediately. Also, it is a level 80 skill, so it should be a good spell. When I think of my level 80 skill being the Critical Shot as a Scout, Divine Protection taking immediate effect gives the priest a better chance at absorbing, at least partially, the shot.