Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambushes

Size is not a proper measure to determine who can attack who. Power and level need to be calculated in to the equation somehow.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Again thank you for your suggestions and corrections. I'm taking good note of them.

Character
    Zab
    Alex, I have to agree with Rastlin here, I think you guys need to develop a different way of measure when it comes to which players other players can attack. I think using both power and level is a good idea. It is FAR TOO EASY for higher leveled players like Rastlin and I to beat up on smaller leveled parties. I am able to go after parties with players who are level 20-ish each. Rastlin is like to take them all out in one hit. I can take them out in two with my burst. Even using skills, these players have no chance of beating us in one or two hits. I can leave the ambush on autoplay and still beat them.
    Also, I think the rate of theft is too high. I have stolen one thing from the biggest party under tavern. Most of the time I am stealing from small parties. As we are beta testing, I know that Rastlin and I are both being nice by sending back stuff right away and even healing gold for parties we beat. But when the game goes live, players aren't going to be so nice. It is so hard to make gold from level 1-30 to begin with, so loss of equipment plus gold loss is going to put a lot of those players in a bad place when others figure out how easy they are to beat. There will be little to pay ransoms, repurchase equipment, let alone heal. I think the rate of stealing should be cut in half again and there only be a chance to steal gold too.... (also, the way the game is set up, my steal skill seems to be a little redundant).
    Also, reading walls I have seen your beta testers already saying: It is safer to stay home. Also, saw another group break up to play solo because they were tired of losing. We feel bad when we steal something from a dead player that we know will not reequip. It decreases the strength of the parties we are currently facing and frustrating for players who are members of those parties. Maybe while we are beta testing, you could disable the theft and gold loss (it could still say we did it, just not actually happen).That way your few beta testers to do not fly the coop before we have fully tested out what you are creating.
    Last edited by Zab; June 9th, 2014 at 12:12.

An idea I had could to balance the system would be a bounty system this would revolve around the win streak of the opposing party giving. This may be helpful as it would it would make higher level parties a target. It should take away the focus from low level parties that are being trampled upon as there is little incentive to go big.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    We realize we have to make more adjustements to balance party vs party and we are hearing every suggestion, there a bunch of good ideas on this thread. I promise that we will make an update to combat system and ambushes before launching (and we will betatest it enough) but first we want to make the changes to the way to make quests (and remove xp limitations here).