Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Damage reduction

Thread: Damage reduction

Damage reduction

While wearing:

Cotton Superior Tunic

Defense +6
    Magical Damage Reduction -4*

I'm still taking damage from a 2 magical hit.

Turn 1

Raistlin fired at Fire Ignok I : hit
    Damage dealt to Fire Ignok I : 69 HP ( 52 Magical +17 Physical )

Fire Ignok I Breathed Fire (SL 3) on Raistlin : hit
    Damage dealt to Raistlin : 1 Magical HP ( 2 -1 )
    Raistlin resisted the effect of Burning

Fire Ignok II Breathed Fire (SL 3) on Raistlin : hit
    Damage dealt to Raistlin : 1 Magical HP ( 2 -1 )
    Raistlin resisted the effect of Burning

There is also
    still a problem with Cleric Aura.

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar
    This is not a bug, this is intended. If you mouse over the Damage Reduction property, you get detailed description: it will reduce damage up to 4 hit points. The higher is the damage reduction amount compared to the damage taken, the closest to this maximum amount reduced. The formula is similar to the calculation of the skill cost reduction property.

Cleric's auras work the same that this item's magic property, though we still changed description, sorry for the confusion.

This has changed from the demo and it eliminates the total immunity got with high levels on damage protection.

If it doesnt block all damage then you need to adjust the price for the items.

Character
    Assasine
    If the reduce didnt work like in beta then the items are alot overpriced.

And the Aura of Priest didnt say "up to" effect so its broken?

Character
    Zab
    I believe Alex is saying that they forgot to change the description on the auras.

Alex, you should make it clear on the equipment description at the Blacksmith that dam red is an 'up to' because I have yet to see that on any item and people should understand what they are buying because typically people will be using real money for gear like that.

Character
    Zab
    Raistlin tells me if I scroll, I can see it, but I cannot. Maybe it is my browser. I still think it should be in the description.

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I believe Alex is saying that they forgot to change the description on the auras.

Alex, you should make it clear on the equipment description at the Blacksmith that dam red is an 'up to' because I have yet to see that on any item and people should understand what they are buying because typically people will be using real money for gear like that.
    You are right both two statements, thank you

Description should appear if you mouseover the property " Dam Red -2* ", or if you are on a touching screen, short-tapping it. Anyway I'll change "Damage Reduction -2* " just for "Damate Protection +2", to fully separate the "protection" property and the former "damage reduction".

We will study the prices for this magic property, but we won't make any changes here on a long time at least.

Thank you everybody for the feedback.