Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: suggestions

Character
    Kurgan
    Partying, at this point in the game development, just doesn't benefit high level players. Also, if players could actually heal offline players, it would be of great benefit to those who want to power level their party while they're the only one online.
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

To join, please go to http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=174

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas May View Post
    Partying, at this point in the game development, just doesn't benefit high level players. Also, if players could actually heal offline players, it would be of great benefit to those who want to power level their party while they're the only one online.
    Yer you are right, partying is probably not too worthy just at this point of the development, but this will be totally different with the active skills: teamwork at battles will be the key.

We have considered several times about healing offline players, but we don't want to do this because it would get things easy for people who use clones at their party, instead active and real people.

These are the reasons for what you should party:
    • Flanking targets (multiple attackers): Each attacker against a same target get increaset his ATT score by 50% for each extra attacker. If two attackers attack a same target, each attacker get +50% ATT bonus. 3 attackers +100%, 4 attackers +150%... Not sure if this is being displayed at any place. If not, it should be.
    • Coordinating turns and teamwork: If every member has a specialization and every player plays his role, this party will be very much stronger that the mere sum of their members. For instance, a tank player is defending while wizards cast fireballs on the enemy. Priests heal damage over the tank and strength the whole party with their auras. Scouts can develop skills to increase adventuring features of the party (speed, size, ambushes...).
    • Playing with friends is much more funny that playing solo

Character
    Isildur
    This last post is VERY informative. I could not understand why lower level monsters were hitting me harder when there were a few of them.

I think once ambushes and special skills are enabled, people will be forced to stop playing solo. I know I will .
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Flame
    So according to another thread, these are some of the things that are apparently coming:

Active skills. In development.
    Ambushes (raids) party vs. party. In development.
    Replenishment Time (minimum time between quests to have time to equip/heal before another party member launches you to adventuring).
    Include info or your equipped item at the info window of every item.
    Battle animations and effects (blows, damage, etc.).
    Alliances.
    Option for deleting characters for a new start. We will also consider stats and skills reset.
    Mini-chat for the battles.
    Rare and Set Items.

Sounds fantastic, except for a few things:

Replenishment Time (minimum time between quests to have time to equip/heal before another party member launches you to adventuring).
    -I feel this is unnecessary. I play this regularly with some very good friends. We communicate through FB chat or Skype while we're gaming. We all know which target who is going to hit, when we arrive back at the town to heal and equip, etc., and we make sure that we're all ready before setting off again. We don't want to wait on no stinking timer to tell us when we can and cannot go. There are other games that do that and they're not fun. What if we're ready before the timer says we can go? Why can't people just communicate effectively within their party? It's not like we haven't been given the resources for that. Helloooo! You provided us with walls all over the place! I say no timer!

Include info or your equipped item at the info window of every item.
    -Please elaborate.

Battle animations and effects (blows, damage, etc.).
    -Umm... Please, I beg you, no. The draw of this game is the simplicity of it. If I wanted a video game, I'd go play a video game. I actually have played a video game and this holds a higher appeal for me. I played Drakensang Online (which has a World of Warcraft feel to it) for the last several months and I prefer this game. I haven't even looked at Drakensang since I started playing GM. Also, right now I can play GM from my phone pretty easily. What's going to happen if you add all these animations and effects? It won't load as easily, for one. Might drain my battery faster. Might not work at all. There are some games I can't get to on my phone because of their animations. GM will lose it's appeal if I don't have the ability to access it via my cellphone.

Just my two cents.
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Kurgan
    Crystal, I agree with both of your suggestions.

About the item windows, basically, it would show, alongside the primary item window, another window, which presents what you currently have equipped. So, if you are looking at a dagger with +1 attack at the blacksmith, you can mouse over it and see all it's stats, at the same time, a parallel window would open, showing what you already have equipped, so you can compare the two.

This is opposed to going to the BS, seeing the dagger and it's stats, then having to go to your character sheet to see the stats of what's currently equipped. Basically, it's just a sensible time saver that most everyone will like, and most games already use.
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Thank you for clarifying, Kurgan. Basically, that's the idea, compare the item whose info details you are seeing with the item you have equipped.

Crystal, about the battle animations, don't worry. I was not meaning about animated avatars fighting or something like that. I meant just very simple animations, as very simple animation to see who is atacking you or floating numbers over each combatant with the damage suffered. They are not thought to make it prettier. They are thought to easily read the turn results quickly.

I am answering the other point in the proper thread: http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...-Resupply-Time

I would love to see heal button under our vitality points on mine screen, it would save some time, ofc active only in town.
    Last edited by Lukasz Kanarek; October 29th, 2012 at 05:57.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    I would love to see heal button under our vitality points on mine screen, it would save some time, ofc active only in town.
    Nice idea. I will add it to the tasks queue.

Character
    Isildur
    It would also be nice having send gifts/gold buttons for each follower directly from followers & squad screen. That would save tons of time, as right now you have to visit each follower's profile to send items/gold to him/her.
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Kurgan
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    It would also be nice having send gifts/gold buttons for each follower directly from followers & squad screen. That would save tons of time, as right now you have to visit each follower's profile to send items/gold to him/her.
    Great idea.

Thank You,
    Kurgan