Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capturing Followers?

Character
    Kurilia
    And what happen with the follower followers captured? would also be slaves of their new master? or they cease to follow his master and will choose freely to another?
    We could demand ransom by the follower, as in the days of knights
    I like this

Character
    Zab
    I like the idea of capturing other players. It's what kept me playing the other game, Knighthood, which others here are speaking of. But a lot of people quit that game because they could never get their people back; their mothers, their brothers, their friends.
    However, after playing your game for a few weeks, I do have a few ideas on how capturing people could work in this game.

To be able to ambush parties and possibly capture another player during these, you must be at L7 player. You must capture players on an individual basis, not as part of a party. Party seizing is attained at level 40.

You may only seize people from other guilds. If you are a wizard, you cannot seize another wizard.

You can only seize from other players that are around your same level and power.

You may only capture a person every set number of days (5). When you capture someone, you gain their power, plus 15% of their main attribute.

If you capture someone's follower, they have 3 days to rescue. If they rescue, you lose those power points, as they have now been saved by their Master, but you do gain a set amount of experience points for taking part in the adventure (someone else decide how many).

If they do not rescue their follower, there will be a chance to rebel. Rebellions always work. After the rescue timer is up, the prisoner gets his chance to escape. The prisoner will have to login for a set amount of consecutive days to be set free. Perhaps, 5 days for low level prisoners, 50 days for high level prisoners. If goal is achieved and prisoner is freed, he can go home and his Master regains his follower's power points, but nor does the seizer LOSE the power points he's gained. There should be a chance of escape early for the rebeller based on gameplay, doing more quests, etc.. If a dead account is taken and not rescued, nor if any rebellion has begun within 7 days, then the Master will get a chance to regain his follower. He will have the ability to click something that says Save Prisoner for a set amount of days (which should be much higher, than just rebellion, say 14 days for low level players, many more days for higher levels). Again, the seizer will not LOSE any power points, but the Master regaining his player would only gain back half of their followers power.

As long as one is a prisoner, they can never be re-captured by someone else.

I notice I have Stealing and Ambushing skills, but the ability to unlock them is still far off for me. They should be unlocked within the first 5 levels, if seizing were implemented.

A few other things I think:

The ability to join a party shouldn't be allowed to happen until level 10.
    If you join a Master, their should be a 24 hour hold on being able to leave them.
    Last edited by Zab; November 19th, 2012 at 16:06.

Character
    Flame
    I love it all, Zab. These are fantastic ideas.
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Beltrak
    I like too much the idea of captured players... if they aren't rescued... they will be new followers... I NEED FOLLOWERS!

Character
    Flame
    So recruit some then.

Character
    Flame
    Captured players are going to need an out, an opportunity to be able to go back to their regular master. If they're permanently stuck, then we'll end up with the same problem KH had... A bunch of pissed off people quitting because they don't like where they ended up and the end result will be a stagnant game.