Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Experience Degradation

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Camille you talk with a lot of sense and we will take in consideration your thoughts, indeed. Anyway I still think that increasing xp needed to level up will make really harder to level up ALWAYS, but the current system let people who move on with quests and ambushes other parties won't have this handicap, and don't forget about whatI said about refreshing quest counts.

Btw I see the ranking ordered by recent experience and people are getting lot of xp!! And we have not still uploaded ambushes, quest refreshing, active skils...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Btw I see the ranking ordered by recent experience and people are getting lot of xp!! And we have not still uploaded ambushes, quest refreshing, active skils...
    LOLOLOLO! I realize I've just lost all credibility for my whine. But I do hate seeing that 1200 xp quest shrinking shrinking shrinking.

Character
    Kurgan
    I think the challenge here is to keep the game progressive, and open-ended. I don't wanna see people level too fast, and quit due to lack of a challenge. However, I hate to see people grinding on quests that are far too low for their level, just because every quests within their "range" is exhausted. I know it's a minor speed bump in development, but I'm sure together we can come up with a solution.
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

To join, please go to http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=174

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Character
    Isildur
    Probably my case is not the most usual (with 132 pow and 5 followers in my squad things are quite different for me, as I have access to many quests), but at this moment I find the game perfectly leveled. Highest quests are still too difficult, and I often fail when attempting to complete them, so I still find mid-level (half my "party level" size) quests still of great use, and keep getting a lot of XP from them.

I think my case as a "big" solo player could be the same as lower players who play with parties to get access to bigger quests. And in the end, I think this is what should be, as the focus of the devs is creating a truly social game. And once ambushes are activated, playing solo will most probably mean being ambushed and defeated often, so it won't make sense playing alone anymore. Once all game functionality is working I'll be able to give a more accurate evaluation .

Just my 0'02
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You are getting that degradation only in 4 quests, because you repeated them a lot of times. You have 30 available quests with no degradation. Why you don't just move on and choose a different quest? If you were getting no enough xp for all quest, then we should modify the amount reduced, but not while you have a lot of available quests at full xp got.

Also don't forget that this is a beta demo. We have still to evaluate this with all features activated.

Yes, 30 available quests. But let's be honest here... Unless you're in a party there are some quests you simply cannot do. Maybe once special skills are implemented it'll be possible, but right now some of the quests on hard... Can't do them alone. So then you party up, do the quests on hard and STILL see your xp go down... Not fun!
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Alex
    So, again, we will have to wait to ambushes and active skills to see the global performance. They will be available soon!

I'm not convinced that people want to level up so fast. Of course, it's better than a kick in the face . . . but still, I used the example of Mousehunt earlier . . . it can take over a year to level up just once. And Mousehunt players are rabid lovers of that game. Loyalty is huge. In Battlestations (a lot like this game) I level up maybe once every 3 weeks or so. If the activites, collectiing, and competition is attractive and satisfying, people will stick with it. I think you can spread the titles farther apart and make the leveling half of what it is, easily. Things easily gotten are not as valued.

Character
    Flame
    Also, as far as leveling up goes (and I remember Camille posted this somewhere, but I can't remember where nor what the response was), but I think it would be beneficial for everyone playing if you could have followers who are the same rank or below. Like, Hunters can have followers who are Hunters, Thieves, etc., but no higher. It's rather discouraging when you bring in a friend to play and they follow you only to get popped out when they achieve the same rank as you. That's something that should be celebrated and enjoyed, but instead it's sad because now our power goes down too...
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Dawn Gaines View Post
    Also, as far as leveling up goes (and I remember Camille posted this somewhere, but I can't remember where nor what the response was), but I think it would be beneficial for everyone playing if you could have followers who are the same rank or below. Like, Hunters can have followers who are Hunters, Thieves, etc., but no higher. It's rather discouraging when you bring in a friend to play and they follow you only to get popped out when they achieve the same rank as you. That's something that should be celebrated and enjoyed, but instead it's sad because now our power goes down too...
    [This is off-topic and it should be moved from this thread].

Your alternative makes no diference for your problem; when he matches your rank he won't leave you, but he will do anyway when he surpasses your rank. We have reasons to bet for a strict pyramidal structure and we built our game over this principle. So our design, both conceptual and technical design, doesn't allow unenderless strings follower-master.

I tried to be positive about this futer, but now I really think that it's bad. I have 21 "yellow" quests, the other ones are too hard for mage now, so I don't know what to do now, I can't progress
    Also because of that, guild masters and ppl with many followers have too big advantage over other players, they've got many more quests and they're are mutch stronger. I play so many hours, quest after quest and I just think that is not fair, that i can't compete with them because thay have followers and I don't.