Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Experience Degradation - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Experience Degradation

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    I tried to be positive about this futer, but now I really think that it's bad. I have 21 "yellow" quests, the other ones are too hard for mage now, so I don't know what to do now, I can't progress
    Also because of that, guild masters and ppl with many followers have too big advantage over other players, they've got many more quests and they're are mutch stronger. I play so many hours, quest after quest and I just think that is not fair, that i can't compete with them because thay have followers and I don't.
    Lukasz,

I have 10 followers. I nagged a good number of those into adding. Some won't play. I knew that but I couldn't rank up without followers (they kept matching my rank and popping out) so I got a couple to add just so I could do that. My brother decided to play which is cool - which reminds me that my other brother hasn't added yet. I sent skype messages to other gamer friends (Agnus Belli). I sent a spam message on FB to everyone I thought might like this sort of thing (out of 52 people, about 10 have added - only a couple in my guild). I have also posted messages in gaming groups I belong to. But Crystal has been the biggest cheerleader. She's got a training skype room made. She gets people into parties. AND I was looking at the Fighters guild page everyday and sending friendly messages to new people who had no masters yet. At least 4 have joined me like that. One left but the others have stuck. It takes work. It might not be fun for you but I don't think FAIR is the appropriate word. You will get out of this game what you put in. And true true true, quest degradation is a very negative unrewarding part of gameplay. I've already suggested a solution which has the same function. Gamers are fickle. We should not be punished for playing your game.
    Last edited by Camille; October 30th, 2012 at 01:26.

Character
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    [This is off-topic and it should be moved from this thread].

Your alternative makes no diference for your problem; when he matches your rank he won't leave you, but he will do anyway when he surpasses your rank. We have reasons to bet for a strict pyramidal structure and we built our game over this principle. So our design, both conceptual and technical design, doesn't allow unenderless strings follower-master.

Who says he's going to surpass? ;-)
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Flame
    Think about it... I'm always trying to stay one step ahead of my followers so that they Don't pop out of me. I've been lucky so far. But there are some people playing who legitly want to be with the person they're following. So they have to either slow down their progression so they don't match and pop out or the person they're following has to work extra hard to rank up. My follower Jade did this recently. She slowed her ranking until I was able to promote to Hunter. The next day she promoted to thief. But if a thief could follow a thief, that would at least buy the master some extra time to promote without discouraging the follower to slow down some.
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

whine whine whine:
    01/11/2012 18:00:34 Your follower, Fighter Agnus Belli matched your rank level and had to leave you.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    I tried to be positive about this futer, but now I really think that it's bad. I have 21 "yellow" quests, the other ones are too hard for mage now, so I don't know what to do now, I can't progress
    Also because of that, guild masters and ppl with many followers have too big advantage over other players, they've got many more quests and they're are mutch stronger. I play so many hours, quest after quest and I just think that is not fair, that i can't compete with them because thay have followers and I don't.
    Why don't you join a party? The xp reduction is weighted exactly in the same way that the sharing of xp for the party members, so you won't be penalized for partying. Also, partying you will win battles you can not win alone, and you will have access to more quests. Playing the game alone, you can earn xp faster for low quests but the xp reduction also will grow faster, and playing alone won't give you benefits, just the opposite.

Character
    Alex
    Next week we will implement a button in every quests to clear the xp reduction for all difficulty levels of the quest you are clearing. It will have a slight cost.

So this xp reduction still can get achieve its goals:

• Discourage bots to repeat the same quest once and once again.
    • Encourage people to move on.
    • Get longer quests more profitable than shorter quests.

Before this measure, making twice a quest were more profitable that making once a quest at double distance. XP was the same but the quest is easier. With this measure, repeating the shorter quest make it less profitable than the longer quest, which reduction increase slower.

But if you really like a quest and want to make it more times, with this button you can still clear the xp reduction and start again.

And don't forget incoming ambushes (we will bring them next week), which will be a source of xp and it won't have any reduction.

Character
    Orik
    Hourray!

Character
    Isildur
    LIKE!!!
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Next week we will implement a button in every quests to clear the xp reduction for all difficulty levels of the quest you are clearing. It will have a slight cost.

So this xp reduction still can get achieve its goals:

• Discourage bots to repeat the same quest once and once again.
    • Encourage people to move on.
    • Get longer quests more profitable than shorter quests.

Before this measure, making twice a quest were more profitable that making once a quest at double distance. XP was the same but the quest is easier. With this measure, repeating the shorter quest make it less profitable than the longer quest, which reduction increase slower.

But if you really like a quest and want to make it more times, with this button you can still clear the xp reduction and start again.

And don't forget incoming ambushes (we will bring them next week), which will be a source of xp and it won't have any reduction.
    One more thing. We are changing just now the formula for the XP reduction to be less restrictive. Now, though you repeat a quest thousand times, instead tending to zero, the minimum XP earned will be a 20% of the original XP. This will also make less sharp the curve of xp degradation. It is this or to multiply by 5 the xp needed to increase levels, what would be more restrictive to level up, though maybe with this measure we will still have to increase a little the xp requirement to level up (we will see when all ambushes and skills be implemented).

It's the most we can do to preserve the game system and probably this will force us to invest more resources to make higher quests and items sooner than planed.

Hope you like these two last measures will make happy all players!

Character
    Beltrak
    I like so! In other RPG you gain more XP the first time you kill a new monster. It's similar to this.
    I don't like have to do the same easy quest again and again. I try medium and hard levels now... looking for more XP.
    Have to gain more XP to up levels... wouldn't be a good thing.

The NEW formula looks VERY GOOD change!