Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm goin broke, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    We are watching how some of the top players are able to get both, tons of XP and gold every day: they alternate what quests they complete: higher quests to get XP and lower gets to get gold.
    I am one of these top players doing that and it is not enjoyable. I always feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. The quests are unpredictable. We can win one fairly often and then get wiped out for no reason. That happened a couple times when I had my squad filled and a 20k heal a couple times. I'd like to buy stuff for my Followers to help them but I just don't have the gold.

Not quite sure what you man by "learn from the higher quests." The only thing I learn is that I have a ton of potential and no resources to play with it.

Character
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    I am one of these top players doing that and it is not enjoyable. I always feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. The quests are unpredictable. We can win one fairly often and then get wiped out for no reason. That happened a couple times when I had my squad filled and a 20k heal a couple times. I'd like to buy stuff for my Followers to help them but I just don't have the gold.

Not quite sure what you man by "learn from the higher quests." The only thing I learn is that I have a ton of potential and no resources to play with it.

Yah, I have been trying to save, save, save my gold because I want to be able to help my followers when they need it and the way I'm losing gold on these quests, I just can't save.
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Kain
    I´m not a top player, just Level 22, but I find the game fairly balanced. I expect it to be hard, not a picnic walk. I´m a warrior and also suffer from gold saving, but I like it this way... although I agree that sometimes it is frustrating...

One solution will be a different distribution for the gold in a party. More gold for first line players and less gold for second line ones. It is ONLY a suggestion....

Character
    Kurilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    One solution will be a different distribution for the gold in a party. More gold for first line players and less gold for second line ones. It is ONLY a suggestion....
    I like this!

Character
    Isildur
    In my case it's a matter of finding where your limits are. Followers come and leave, party members the same, so the real potential is most of the time variable, even when soloing (due to followers). So I just do quests and take note of how they resulted depending on the total size of the "party", so I find which quests are more suitable for earning high XP. And also take note of those easy ones where i can get good loot and gold.

Also I like the fact that quests are so unpredicable... when you play them with "auto pilot", that is, you launch the quest and go away, getting back only to see the results. When I play certain quests and I'm online to choose the targets, the success rate is way higher; and I suspect it will be even higher when I'm able to use spells.
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Zab
    Speaking of limits...maybe when you die, it's a hint. Pack it in for awhile and let yourself naturally heal.

Character
    Kain
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Also I like the fact that quests are so unpredicable... when you play them with "auto pilot", that is, you launch the quest and go away, getting back only to see the results. When I play certain quests and I'm online to choose the targets, the success rate is way higher; and I suspect it will be even higher when I'm able to use spells.
    I agree. That makes the game more interesting.
    Get to the Choppaaaaaa!!!!!

Character
    Beltrak
    When the Priests could heal for themselves... WE could save gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    I guess I'm just not the sort of person who likes dice games. I don't gamble. I like smart things. I like being able to make a smart calculation that takes thought. I prefer thinking about things and winning against my opponents with brainpower and not a brainless roll of the dice. Agnus Belli left the game because of this feature. There is no glory in randomness.

Character
    Kain
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    I guess I'm just not the sort of person who likes dice games. I don't gamble. I like smart things. I like being able to make a smart calculation that takes thought. I prefer thinking about things and winning against my opponents with brainpower and not a brainless roll of the dice. Agnus Belli left the game because of this feature. There is no glory in randomness.
    PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG, I don´t want to start an argument. I have been playing RPG for more than 20 years, in computers and also desktop games, and I can not believe any RPG style game without the influence of the luck, or the dice, or the random chances.

Going further, in real life, great battle plans have been wiped off due to unpredicted circumstances. Random events can block the best of your thinking, both in real life and in this game. I agree with you about the smart thinking, I also like it, but when playing a game... well, I want it to have something that´s not under my absolute control. If not, I just choose chess or the rubik cube.
    Get to the Choppaaaaaa!!!!!