Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Critical hits

  1. #1
    Member xBradenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    35
    Character
    xBradenH

    Critical hits

    The critical hit chance is entirely too high. I go into a quest; the first turn I miss. My two level 26 opponents hit me with a critical and an amazing hit . Turn two, I deal 3 damage to one of them and I receive yet another critical hit . I cannot remember the last time I dealt a critical hit. I have had 3 or less amazing hits total.
    Something needs to be changed, please.
    Join me and be a part of the best team in Guild Masters!

    http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=649

  2. #2
    Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    523
    Character
    Alex
    Wow, the probably of getting a critical and an amazing hit from two attacks is of 0,0125%, that is, 1 time of every 8000 times! That would be really bad luck if you don't made so many turns in the game.

    The probability of a critical hit is of 5% (1 of every 20 attacks), same chance for you and for monsters. You have dealt 78 Critical hits and 3 Amazing hits (from the start of those stats counting). You would get those stats after 2760 attacks, so I see the numbers are ok.

    Do you mean that you think that a 5% is too high or that you are getting more than a 5% of critical hits?

    If you mean the first, it's the same chance for criticals that most of renamed RPGs, and also we have other reasons to keep it, so I can not help you on that (by the moment). If you mean the seconds, we have already log all the rolls and reviewed the statistics, and numbers are ok with the random rolls.

  3. #3
    Member Borbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Character
    Borbin
    the odds are okey for me, even sometimes there are some quests, that unlucky or not u ll get hit like 3-4 times in a combat with just 4 opponents. i remember one in special, after 8 rounds, my top hit was like 9 dmg, got overunned by like 5 criticals... but the modification on damage are too wide, cant be, u hit one round for 3 and the next one for 300, but up to you... its like trying to kill the red dragon of the 1st room (awesome comic btw) with a spoon of 1d1000, if u are lucky its ok, if not u can even start thinking to form a family with some of your followers

    my 2 cents...

    regards

  4. #4
    Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    523
    Character
    Alex
    Yes asked about that because we have also received some private feedback reporting a high number of critical hits –for that reason we checked the random rolls– but as these reports go on. Ok we will add in next update some internal stats to definitely record every attack and its results (critical hits, amazing... and critical misses), so we can confirm definitely the right application of the critical chance (must be 1 critical hit of every 20 attacks).

    About the damage, we are still valuating if set a minimum damage dealt. Current damage is not exactly 1,though its a tiny % of your ATT score –so in most cases is effectively 1. Increasing this minimum damage would unbalance the current attack formulas, so if we would change it, we would have to re-balance some other things. And we still have to decide if we really want to increase this minimum. In classis RPG games as Middle Earth and Rolemaster, as in our game, damage is not fully determined by the weapon, and between a miss and a good hit, there is a full range of intermediate results (from a few damage points to a deadly blow). At the end, what it counts after several attacks, is the average of damage.

  5. #5
    Member xBradenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    35
    Character
    xBradenH
    It is mainly a concern of critical hits and amazing hits dealt to me. It seems way more than 5%. To even it out, I do manage to dodge several attacks. But when they do hit me, I do not think it should regularly be criticals. Can you pull the stats on the number of criticals I have received?
    Join me and be a part of the best team in Guild Masters!

    http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=649

  6. #6
    Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    523
    Character
    Alex
    No, we have not storing that stat yet, but soon we will record all battles. Anyway I think that now I understand what you are experienced. It's the same that we suspected about other feedback we received, and I will write the first FAQ with this

    Well, surely you were fighting monsters smaller than you. If their ATT score is much lower than your DEF, they are not able, or they have only a very low chance of hitting you, so you will not see normal hits from them. But ALL monsters and players have always the 5% chance of a critical hit.

    This critical hit is not only an increase in the damage. It is also a certain hit, no matter your defense. We can say that there is a maximum chance of 95% of hitting (because the critical failures) and a minimum chance of 5% of hitting, thanks to the criticals. This way, a monster with no more chances that this 5%, you will only see critical hits from it. But from every 20 attacks, you would get from him 19 misses and 1 critical hit, giving the fake perception of a huge proportion of criticals, a you don't see normal hits.

    I'm sorry if I have repeated to much this, but I wanted to make sure I may be understood if I didn't express myself properly.

  7. #7
    Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    523
    Character
    Alex
    About the critical and amazing hits together, it is pure bad luck! But I would not worry unless it happen often.

  8. #8
    Member xBradenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    35
    Character
    xBradenH
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This way, a monsters with no more chances that this 5%, you will only see critical hits from it. But from every 20 attacks, you would get from him 19 misses and 1 critical hit, giving the fake perception of a huge proportion of criticals, a you don't see normal hits.

    This makes sense. Thanks Alex
    Join me and be a part of the best team in Guild Masters!

    http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=649

  9. #9
    Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sevilla, Spain
    Posts
    523
    Character
    Alex
    Glad to help. Tomorrow I will make the FAQ with this. Thanks to you.

  10. #10
    Member xBradenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    35
    Character
    xBradenH
    Today, the first quest i do on my own... 3 enemies. I receive an amazing hit on the first turn and two misses. Second turn, two misses and a critical. same for third turn. Either i do have terrible luck. Or there is a bug in the math. I dont mean to complain. But if each enemy has a 5% chance of getting the critical, it should not happen so frequently.
    Join me and be a part of the best team in Guild Masters!

    http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=649

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •